Welcome to the Pokémon GO FAQs page where I compile a list of questions and answers about the game. Lets get started!
What is Pokémon GO?
– Pokémon GO is an augmented reality game created by Niantic Labs in collaboration with Nintendo. Pokémon or “Pocket Monsters” are creatures of all shapes and sizes visible in the game on your devices. The game utilizes GPS(Global Positioning System) to pin-point your location and expose you to different Pokémon depending on your environment. The main goal of the game is to catch all Pokémon scattered over the world while also participating in other features like Pokémon breeding, battling and trading.
Are there any age restrictions?
– You must be at least 13 years old or older with a valid Gmail or an Pokémon Trainer Club account.
Any safety concerns?
– Just be aware of your surroundings in the real world while Pokémon hunting. Oh and dont Pokémon GO and drive!
How/Where do I download Pokémon GO?
– Pokémon GO is currently out only on iOS and Android devices only. You can find them at your respective App Stores! Oh and it’s “FREE”.
How do I catch Pokémon?
– You currently catch Pokémon by locating them on your device and swiping on your screen to throw Pokéballs at them. If successful, you get to keep, name, and use them for battle.
How many Pokémon are there in Pokémon GO?
– There are currently 145 catch-able Pokémon right now. That includes regional exclusive Pokémon like Tauros(North America), Mr. Mime(Europe), Farfetch’d(Asia) and Kangaskhan(Australia). The Legendary birds Zapdos, Articuno and Moltres are currently coded in the game but still have no way to catch them yet. Mewtwo and Mew are the last two which makes a total of 151.
How do I breed/trade Pokémon?
– This feature hasn’t been implemented yet but it has been announced. Hope we get it soon!